Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
541 - 560 of 673 Posts
That is a great price.

Deerhunter4- You certain they quoted you the EPS model?

Out of respect of the dealers, I would not post the dealer on the board publicly rather do it via PM.

Yep. It's for an EPS model. The dealer with the $11,699 price has it advertised on their website. I called to verify and it was for the EPS model. There were some fees on top of that price but still a good deal. I just found a similar deal much closer to me.

That is a very good price, when I got mine last year they were not any deals I paid msrp for my fxt pro le oh wait they did give me a 300 store credit which I purchased the front bumper/brush guard with, I say buy It

That is a very good price, when I got mine last year they were not any deals I paid msrp for my fxt pro le oh wait they did give me a 300 store credit which I purchased the front bumper/brush guard with, I say buy It

Most dealers I called wanted MSRP plus fees. I found a few that were willing to negotiate and those usually had a sale price on their website. My local dealer was not budging off MSRP. He didn't have one anyway and I would have had to order one and said it might be a while. The dealer I decided to go with said they would have one in stock in 7-10 days.

Getting ready to do my 20hr service today,but need to get a 9/16 allen key for the trans. Noticed too that after 145 miles the front diff noise has quieted down some. Maybe after new oil in it it may be even better? Fingers crossed! Anyone pull the primary clutch off yet? Will i need the puller or just pull it off by hand? Want to tear into it as well just to confirm that the grease is plentiful on the splines.

Getting ready to do my 20hr service today,but need to get a 9/16 allen key for the trans. Noticed too that after 145 miles the front diff noise has quieted down some. Maybe after new oil in it it may be even better? Fingers crossed! Anyone pull the primary clutch off yet? Will i need the puller or just pull it off by hand? Want to tear into it as well just to confirm that the grease is plentiful on the splines.

I guess the new oil could have minimized the sound. Hopefully it's gone for good.

I'm getting my new pro FXT in a week or so....what all is involved in the 20 hr service?

FXT, I had some improvement in my noise for a while but it came back just as loud as ever.
I gave it a fair bit of time and use in case it was a wear in thing, but it kept up. The difference once I got a new diff is very noticeable. If it is still noticeable I'd suggest you get on them to replace it - obviously something is not lined up right with the gears to cause the noise and I would think a major failure will be in one's future. The diff is a big piece of kit and would be very costly after 3 yrs.
Good luck with it and keep us posted.

I guess the new oil could have minimized the sound. Hopefully it's gone for good.

I'm getting my new pro FXT in a week or so....what all is involved in the 20 hr service?
Deerhunter, all fluids in the driveline plus some visuals. Owner's manual spells it out. Since you don't have your rig yet you should try and work the first servicing into the deal :).

Deerhunter, all fluids in the driveline plus some visuals. Owner's manual spells it out. Since you don't have your rig yet you should try and work the first servicing into the deal :).

I would but the dealer is 2.5 hrs away. Plus I'm really anal and I don't like other folks messing with my vehicles unless I have no other choice.

I was just curious. I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to study the owners manual before that time comes for me.

Well after fighting with the drain plug and oil filter being WAYYYY over tightened, spilling a half a quart of oil o
All over the back seat floorboards; ). I gave it a rest till tomorrow. I'm going to take it to work in the morning to degrease the floor and give it a general bath. But while on my way to the trailer I noticed that the cvt seems to have a knocking type noise! I'm thinking about tearing into the cvt to see if there is enough grease on the splines, but reading the service manual, it may be the clutch shoes themselves. They show different thickness shoes are available, so I may try to get the primary clutch off and grease it. But if it's anything like everything else, I may end up tearing a bolt off somewhere! They must have used an impact on everything!

Edit...
The more I think about it, I may just bring it back under warranty.
Does anyone else have a knocking type noise at an idle? Pretty sure that it is the cvt because you can feel it and sounds like its coming from inside the cvt cover.

Well after fighting with the drain plug and oil filter being WAYYYY over tightened, spilling a half a quart of oil o
All over the back seat floorboards; ). I gave it a rest till tomorrow. I'm going to take it to work in the morning to degrease the floor and give it a general bath. But while on my way to the trailer I noticed that the cvt seems to have a knocking type noise! I'm thinking about tearing into the cvt to see if there is enough grease on the splines, but reading the service manual, it may be the clutch shoes themselves. They show different thickness shoes are available, so I may try to get the primary clutch off and grease it. But if it's anything like everything else, I may end up tearing a bolt off somewhere! They must have used an impact on everything!

Edit...
The more I think about it, I may just bring it back under warranty.
Does anyone else have a knocking type noise at an idle? Pretty sure that it is the cvt because you can feel it and sounds like its coming from inside the cvt cover.
FXT, I have the knock you speak of. Have wondered about it, but this is my first SxS so I have been sorting through what is "normal" and what is not. Actually this forum was a big help for me in getting my front diff issue looked into.
The CVT knock seems to be intermittant, but it is always present after a cold start for me. Often times it will not be there after it is warmed up, but that is sporadic as sometimes it is there.
I have a buddy who has a new '14 Teryx - I plan to give a listen to his rig to see if it has anything that resembles the knock noise I get from mine. If not I am headed back to the dealer; not interested in having it grenade on me 20 miles back in the bush with no cell coverage.
Let us know if you learn anything more.
Do you have your own service manual? I got one on line for under $20 - seems to be a good product.

FXT, I have the knock you speak of. Have wondered about it, but this is my first SxS so I have been sorting through what is "normal" and what is not. Actually this forum was a big help for me in getting my front diff issue looked into.
The CVT knock seems to be intermittant, but it is always present after a cold start for me. Often times it will not be there after it is warmed up, but that is sporadic as sometimes it is there.
I have a buddy who has a new '14 Teryx - I plan to give a listen to his rig to see if it has anything that resembles the knock noise I get from mine. If not I am headed back to the dealer; not interested in having it grenade on me 20 miles back in the bush with no cell coverage.
Let us know if you learn anything more.
Do you have your own service manual? I got one on line for under $20 - seems to be a good product.
I've got a manual, that was a recommendation for deerhu ter4.

As for the knock, I am not sure when it showed up. After having things in the bed, I may have just wrote it off to being noises from that. Mine is intermittent as well, seems to do it when cold, or warm. Having 166 miles and 20 hours, can't say for sure how long I have had it. May have been shortly after I bought it? However, since it sounds like you have the exact same issue, I will be paying attention to it from now on and keep you posted. Was actually trying to pay more attention to the front diff more than anything else! :)

Good stuff, looking forward to your update. Scratching power, great handling in all conditions especially off camber and quiet drive line are a couple of many positive things I have noticed about the Mule. Torque and low range engine braking are amazing.
Sorry Deerhunter; stepping all over your 1st impressions, hope it goes great.

Good stuff, looking forward to your update. Scratching power, great handling in all conditions especially off camber and quiet drive line are a couple of many positive things I have noticed about the Mule. Torque and low range engine braking are amazing.
Sorry Deerhunter; stepping all over your 1st impressions, hope it goes great.

Just got home. Put on about 1.5 hrs today. All the things you listed are true. It rides just as well as my Rhino 660 and has more power and no rattles. It's amazingly quiet. The power steering is spot on too. So far so good. I kept it below 25 mph and went easy on it till it gets some hours on the engine. I'll keep you posted.

Up to 3 hrs now and still loving it. Put Purple Goo in the tires, installed a rear view mirror, and put some aluminum window screen behind the grille to keep crap out of the radiator (learned this trick on my Rhino). Mainly just been cruising the neighborhood at less than 20 mph. I did put it in 4wd for a bit just to test it and in engaged instantly but after I flipped the switch back to 2wd while stopped it took several hundred yards of driving before it disengaged. Not sure why. I'll keep posting results as I go.

If you were on hard pack ground, when disengaged, it will take a bit because the front tires are moving faster than the rear. Try to disengage, then reverse a few feet. That should always work.

So I am ready to pull the trigger on a green base model with EPS for 13500 out the door price. This machine has been sitting in their yard for over 3 months. Is there anything that I should have them do other than an oil change? I am worried about condensation buildup. Maybe something to do with the fuel? By the way I talked to two dealers this weekend and they both said all intensives for the 2015's end the end of august. Some for the T4's have already gone away at the end of july.

541 - 560 of 673 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.