Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about running a 9's all the way around on the teryx vs a 9-12 combo?
I cant go too wide of a tire cause its a tight fit on my trailer right now so im not sure the 12's are an option. Just wanted too get some opionions.

·
TURBO!
425 Posts
Im running 9's in the rear and 8's in the front, but I think Im gonna throw some 9's in the front also just to have a little more meat up front. Ill never run 12's in the rear again. 9's kick ass and you save a little power.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I may go with the 9-11 setup,the only way to get a 11 in a Bighorn is go with the 14's and I dont want a 12 so guess i'll go with the 14's..

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the same problem.It is pretty tight fit on my trailer.I would hate to order tires and then have it not fit on my trailer.I am thinking about going with 26x10x12 Mud Bugs all the way around.I don't need anything any taller for where I ride I just want something a little more puncture proof and with a more aggressive tread.

·
KFXokie
195 Posts
Goodyear MTRs??

Hey after reading this article I am thinking the Goodyears may be the best all around and cheaper by far. I am in the sand a lot and hard pack dirt, not so much rocks or mud. I would like to hear what people with the Terra Cross and Big horns think would be best? How do the Goodyears compare to stock?
http://www.goodyearatv.com/docs/press/RawhideMTR_review.pdf

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
the stock teryx tires were better at climbing hills and in the mud then the goodyears.proved that last weekend with my buddies prowler!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Those Goodyears Suck, My Prowler Wouldnt Climb A Wet Grass Hill With Those Tires.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea my buddy has those gooyears on his rzr and he gets stuck ALOT. I bought the 9's and 11 combo in the 14" bighorns.

·
KFXokie
195 Posts
Ok the Goodyears probable aren't the best for climbing or mud. :shtf1:Most of my riding is on sand or hard pack dirt. I like the looks of the ITP Terra Cross, BUT they are one of the heavier tires and I have read they kill performance and speed?
Can anyone give me top speed before and after they put on a set of Terra Cross or Bighorns in the sand? I would almost bet my dog the stock tires or the Goodyears would out run them on the sand trails.
I'm still waiting to get mine in. Called the dealer and he is suppose to be checking to see when they will get my camo LE. Any feedback would be great, I might end up getting tires and rims before my ride...:evil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts