Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1821 - 1840 of 1877 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
The stock Fox bodies are too long, sprung and valved horribly hindering travel. We shortened the bodies, added both adjustable comp and re-bound with progressive-rate springs,3/4 shafts. Made in USA. Piggy-back rezzies on the front, remote rezzies on the rear.
That's something I need to be looking into soon. I know for best ride and best off camber ability travel is king.

·
Garage hack
183 Posts
UPS says the last piece of my engine puzzle (secondary spring) should be in tomorrow. Should get it driving next weekend. So for today I finished putting the wiring back together. Had to try out the whole new lighting set-up.

The wimpy stock battery was not digging the hi-comp pistons and lack of compression release so I upgraded to a PC925. The new battery is about 1/2" taller so I had to mod the stock holder. I know there are plenty of options for mounting these batteries but I just wanted to get it clamped down semi temp. I cut the stock bracket just wider than the 925. Then cut out about 3/8" from the remaining to compensate for the 3/8" pieces of metal I welded in. Last was to take the ends and dropped them 1/2" and welded them. ******* fab but it works, and I did TIG weld it so it is a very hi-end part now lol!

Reactions: Freeezen

·
Registered
258 Posts
GP bushings

Added Garage Products bushings, full set. Going to add 1" to my preload and see how rough it gets- still got lots of room to soften them up. Looking at adding oil filter relocation/cooler kit and gauges- If benchmark ever gets back to me. Almost got this rex to where I want it- a solid woods machine that's not afraid of the mud. I'm also going to snorkel it this winter. Too much snow to ride anyhow!

I guess there is always lighting and sound- left that for last, we have to prioritize. :nuts:

·
Garage hack
183 Posts
This thread has been a little quiet lately.

Finally finished my mid winter freshen-up. What started as just a Chinese light bar addition turned into new tabs which meant grinding paint, that turned into pulling the cage for full repaint which meant engine was easier to work on (sort of!), that turned into SBK that lead to clutch cap and battery, and then just for the hell of it some new tires and wheels. 28"x10" Mongrels on STI beadlocks. That cheap light bar cost me a lot more than I planned. :rofl2:

New shoes:

It is sitting a little high because I had just dropped it off the jack.

Anyone heading out to Tierra Del Sol next month?

·
Registered
81 Posts
New prp front seats. After my cage chop and custom bumpers a couple months ago I had to pull my emp glass windshield and have the frame and glass cut to accommodate the cage chop. Now its back in with a fresh powdercoating. Waiting on my new custom top to get powdercoated so I can get it on and then install my stereo and two way radio.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just ordered a pcv and full muzzys from John, waiting for parts to come in for motivation to pull clutch out and send to him. Also just put 5k down on a enclosed trailer for Teryx, build time is a month or so. Pics will be available as soon as parts come in

·
Mighty Teryx T4
70 Posts
Just installed a set of 28x14 ITP Blackwater Evo's, words cannot describe how good these tires are! I thought my Sedona Rip Saws were untouchable, until I blew out a sidewall (rear) last weekend after only 100 miles on the set!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Made a spare tire rack that goes in the receiver, will have to see if it is high enough. Just some material I had laying around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks good Rufus! I'd try to get it a little higher. I've dropped off rocks and little ledges and hit my cooler rack many of times. It's bent up pretty bad from this. The bottom is even with the bottom of the tailgate. I gotta cut it off and weld it up higher. We need to get together for another ride sometime!

1821 - 1840 of 1877 Posts