Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

What is up with these cheap wheelcaps?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Haywire 
#1 ·
New machine, already lost 2 wheelcaps. $25 a piece online wtf! Any solutions besides buying new rims?

#2 ·
Yup. I have the same problem. I got lucky and caught the caps on eBay once for about $7 each. Bought a couple sets and keep them as spares. I loose mine on the black trails where they get crushed or knocked off. When my current supply runs out, I'm just going to go without caps all together.

#4 ·
I lost one of mine on the first ride as well... I ended up buying a cheap one off of ebay that was a rubber cap and didn't quite match the factory ones, but it's close enough. Nobody knows it's different except for me. The factory ones are hard plastic, this one is rubber but it fits just fine... in fact I may switch the other 3 out to these since they will probably last longer. I can't find the order details but I am 95% sure that this is the one I ordered: Teryx Wheel caps.

#5 ·
I lost one in a mud hole once, thankfully the guy who went through behind me found it floating and grabbed it for me.
Are you new to sxs's by chance? Going aftermarket will just mean you gotta go buy aftermarket caps when you lose one of them. Some of my friends with aftermarket wheel on quads got tired of replacing them all the time and now leave them off.

#7 · (Edited)
I'd be pissed if mine just fell off driving down the road for no reason. But mine came off by being sliding sideways into a log. There wasn't much that could have been done to prevent that. If they designed the wheel to have a flush center cap like a car I guess that'd be a more betterer design.

If they were all prone to just falling off so easily I figured all mine would be gone by now. Now watch, I'll lose all mine on my next trip.....lol
My first guess would be human error if one just fell off while looking at it. Dealer could have easily broke one or 3 while assembling it. But good luck proving that. The monkey at the dealer who does the pdi on new machines doesn't car how much people spend on their machines. If they break half the tabs for the center cap they're not gonna admit to it and suggest they order new ones and install them before a customer buys it lol.

My wheels are all scratched and dented up. It's 100% caused by be hitting stuff. I'm positive it's a design flaw. They should have used better aluminum for the wheels and softer rocks when building mountains and this could have been easily prevented.

Honestly losing center caps isn't a just a Teryx problem. It's pretty common in the offroad world in general.
This is just as common as getting a cracked windshield in the automotive world.

I found this thread center wheel caps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.