Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and seen a lot of nice trailers.

I have a Suzuki Vinson 500 ATV and I will be buying a Teryx as soon as my dealer decides to sell it to me for the right price or I go out of state and get it for what I offered.

My question is, how large a trailer do I need? I was hoping a 12x7 something like the one in the link below would work, but not sure now. How much trailer space does your Teryx take on your trailer?

Here is what I am hoping will work, but not sure it will...
http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_34047_______14297|14337|14342|34047?listingPage=true

Is a 12 footer enough to put my ATV up front cross ways, then the Teryx on the back? How do you guys do it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Teryx Specs

Overall length 115.4 in. - 9.62 feet

Overall width 58.7 in. - 4.89 feet

Overall height 75.0 in. - 6.25 feet

Make sure you think about any wider than stock tires and a quad. I think you need to get a bigger trailer. I don't know if you can legally go down the highway with a Teryx sideways, as it is almost 10 feet long. (edit I think 8 feet is the max allowed in most areas) I'm guessing you are going to need a 14 feet long trailer with a Teryx and a sideways quad and 16' will let you take 2 quads.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a 14 x 6.5 and if you back the teryx on the trailer untill the rear tires hit the front rail you have just enough room to put a quad sideways on the back. Dougs is right about the Teryx sideways, its way to wide...............

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you guys. Looks like I need 14' minimum.

Thank you!!

OK found a 16 foot landscapers trailer. That should do it. :)

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a couple trailers. One for when I haul my Teryx and my 2 quads and one for just a single. When I put the Teryx on the small one it touches on the sides and has about 6 inches from the rear gate with the front tires touching to front. The little trailer is 5 x 10 so I would say that a 5 x 10 is the absolute smallest you could use.

Lance

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 7x16 and my teryx and brute force will not fit together front to back. Brute force is a little to heavy to try to turn sideways. You may need 18 feet.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have a custom made 7x13' trailer, if I load the rex on backwards I have enough room for a Prairie sideways behind and about 4" to spare!!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
heres my 6x12 i built for the teryx.i can get my boys 90 fourwheeler and 90 dirtbike on the back

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you guys. Looks like I need 14' minimum.

Thank you!!

OK found a 16 foot landscapers trailer. That should do it. :)

Thanks again!!
The 16 footer should do fine. You may want to have a 5 foot wide gate added to the front passenger's side to make loading the atv much easier. I have a 6x12 with a 4 foot gate up front, but the larger atvs just do make it at 4 foot wide.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It'll go sideways on a trailer if you pop the bed off and prop it up against the rollbar. I don't use the tilt bed function so I yanked the two struts off and chunked them in the back of the shop. Factory wiring harness has too damn many wires to deal with so I wired in a flat-four trailer plug into the factory harness before the split for the two taillights. Then just pull the pins on the hinges, tilt it up against the rollbar with the tailgate facing upwards to avoid damage and wrap a ratchet strap around the bed and cage. My gooseneck is 8 1/2' wide ... and the Teryx is now ALMOST a legal fit.

Ain't got pulled over yet though.

BTW ... gotta 5X10 also that it fits on.

:TX:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts