Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always owned kawasaki ATVs. Had a 700 Priarie, and a 750 Brute, love everything about them. I want a side by side and everyone was telling me to get the rhino. I test drove both the rhino and the Teryx. Definatly liked the Teryx better. So I think I got my mind made up to go with the Teryx. Now after reading about all the troubles people are having with them I dont know what to do. All I know is that I did not like the Rhino at all after driving the Teryx. Do you regret getting the Teryx? I cant afford to drop that kind of money and then put more money in it. It will be used to push snow, hauling wood, yard work and an occational pounding. What would you do?

Thanks

Paul

·
Vendor
2,438 Posts
I own a Polaris RZR a 660 Rhino and a teryx and after driving the teryx a little and doing some basic mods its killing the rhino and it has a better frame better motor better Diffs on and on sure they might have a recall or two that your buddies may laugh at you about but when you blow by them they wont be laughing

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
I have a Suzuki Vinson and now the Teryx and I love both. Took the Teryx out yesterday for 30 miles of trails and track. Lots of fun, had to actually put it in 4x4 a couple of times, and I rode a ton of pretty steep stuff. The Teryx kicks ass. I ordered the tools from Hunterworks to maintain the belt. No worries. Love the 750 V-Twin, it is a lot of fun.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I traded my Rhino for the Teryx with no regrets...The Teryx is new so there will be some little flaws....I havent had any problems...

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yea get the teryx you wont be disappointed at all..

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
The deep WWWAAAA sound of the V-Twin when climbing steep hills is amazing. On one of the hill climbs yesterday at I81 Motorsports Park in TN some people were watching, I climbed it in L 4x4, then did it in high 4x4 then did it in high 2x4 and they just watched and tripped out. They were on motorcycles and looked shocked at the traction of the stock tires and the power and the fact that I did not need any running start to get up.

Later the same people comment to me that the machine sounded really awesome and they could tell it was a twin. They asked if I had upgraded anything and I told them no. They were like, WOW dude, that thing kicked ass. They really flipped out when I told them it only had 10 hours on it so far and was not broken in yet so I had to take it easy and was trying my best to keep the pedal off the floor.

I like the brakes on the Teryx as well. Very solid and confidence inspiring to me coming from motorcycles and ATV's that do a lot of sliding under hard braking, especially from speed to fast stop.

CDI and a few other things arrive today on the little brown truck. :)

Anyway... finally got time to post this, I am definitely not sorry I got the Teryx. I have a lot of extra $$ and time getting the jetting perfect in my Vinson and tweaking this and that on it and nobody ever says a word about it... poor vinnie....

·
Registered
186 Posts
I love my teryx.every time I bring someone with me they are amazed at what it can do.and everytime I take it out I try alittle more to get the confidence upand it never lets me down,everyweekend I am more impressed than the last.
If you arent sureabout the teryx or how it will perform watch moab teryx paRT 2 on you tube you'll be impressed.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Holy S bat Man!! I installed my Dyna CDI from HunterWorks and MAN OH MAN!!

I took install photos, it must have taken 5 minutes to install. I have the carb and box kit but not installed yet. Nice, ordered Tuesday here on Friday. Thank you Todd.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Ordered my CDI from Todd Tuesday also, still havent got yet but cant wait! Did it make a big diffrence for you Baja170?
Yes it did make a pretty big difference. Now when I am in tight steep turn arounds I can gas it in H and spin around what I could halfway do before with the Teryx. It definitely does make a difference. Well worth the $$.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Get the Teryx as you won't be disappointed. I also had my mind made up after test driving the Rhino and the Teryx then like you I found out some of the troubles guys were talking about. Well I went and bought it anyways and don't regret it a bit even though I have only had it a week. A buddy was over tonight to borrow it and when he brought it back he said he can tell it definately has more power than our friends Prowler.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts