Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I wired straight to the battery. I was unable to find a source that would allow enough power to run the fuse box.

I do know Brute Proformance offered a fuse box with a ignition source. I can't get their website to work at the moment though.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Just put a relay in the line between the battery and fuse box. I use a 100 amp relay that is triggered by the key-on accessory wire (I tapped into the cigarette lighter). This gives you the power of having the fuse box wired directly to the battery, but only when the key is on. Just looked at the Brute Performance page and that is exactly how their kit is set up. You can get a fuse block with two sets of fuse locations, so some of the fuses are only key on sources with the power going through the relay, and then some are just wired directly to the battery if you need full-time power sources.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just put a relay in the line between the battery and fuse box. I use a 100 amp relay that is triggered by the key-on accessory wire (I tapped into the cigarette lighter). This gives you the power of having the fuse box wired directly to the battery, but only when the key is on. Just looked at the Brute Performance page and that is exactly how their kit is set up. You can get a fuse block with two sets of fuse locations, so some of the fuses are only key on sources with the power going through the relay, and then some are just wired directly to the battery if you need full-time power sources.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wired straight to the battery. I was unable to find a source that would allow enough power to run the fuse box.

I do know Brute Proformance offered a fuse box with a ignition source. I can't get their website to work at the moment though.
Thanks. I have one box running direct to the battery for the accessories I was on at all times, stereo, undercarriage led, but I want this box only powered when keyed

·
Registered
52 Posts
I want the same thing. I am glad you asked that today. It is going to help me get transition mine over to having everything keyed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts