Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it now seems there are mixed messages on whether the instrument cluster can be added to the base model. Does anyone know for sure, I was ready to go down and buy a base today and add one if it can be done? Little help please....:confused:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ive done some checking on this, unfortunately not many answers, here is what I do know Part #99994011, on back order! The base models do have a pig tail behind the dash that is basically the same one used on the speedo on the Ute ATV's. I say basically because I tried mine from 06' Prairie, it has two female pigtails, the teryx has one female pigtail. Ive been told that the speedo from a 06' Brute Force 750 has one male pigtail and will plug into the pigtail from the teryx. It worked fine for speed. So I am assuming, that the part # listed above should work. They retail for $219. We need to get someone with a LE to try one in a base model to know for sure!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Good luck on finding an LE..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think that since they are on backorder someone has put one on by now. I want to get one bought for this weekend. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have spoken to Kawi, they cannot say whether or not it is a plug and play system. While the connectors may be in place...what about any of the sensors?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have spoken to Kawi, they cannot say whether or not it is a plug and play system. While the connectors may be in place...what about any of the sensors?
Apparently they are, the guy I know that used the one off of a 750 brute, said all he did was plug it in and the speed worked fine.

·
Registered
314 Posts
there's a LE At bear valley kawasaki in big bear, ca

the part number above is missing a 0 at the end.
here is the correct number so your kawi dealer can find it...

my kawi dealer still says its on back order.
i decisded to look into the brute force speedo... WOWEEE!!! they said $$$636.72 part # 25031-0034
I think I will wait for them to come off backorder...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was told everything is there and ready to go for the gauges, just needs plugged in.

All the accessories from Kaw and the LE gauges and whatnot are back ordered anywhere from middle of February to the end of March.

This comes from my buddy who owns a Kaw dealership. While I could never say he is 100% correct I have no reason not to believe him.

·
Registered
813 Posts
The back order is prolly kawi building the LE's..

·
Registered
323 Posts
I could definately be wrong (it's happened once before), but my understanding was that the LE has 3 pigtails on the CDI where the base only has 2. I thought the 3rd had something to do with the dash?

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
Anyone thought about the Trail Tech option. I know the dashmount for the Teryx isn't developed yet, but that new Vector looks pretty interesting with all of the Temp. options and such.

·
Registered
74 Posts
im looking at the vapor from trail tech. just not sure how the speed sensor is going to hold up. but every thing else looks good.

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
im looking at the vapor from trail tech. just not sure how the speed sensor is going to hold up. but every thing else looks good.
I had the Vapor on my V-Force with the Whole "Big Bar" kit and it worked flawlessly and I never had any trouble with it. I think the Vector looks alot better with the extra 6 options.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts