Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone can give me a quick answer on this:

So I recently bought the HD5 beadlock wheels which came with 5/2 offsets from Rocky Mountain ATV and they assured me it would fit my '14 T4. As it turned out they did not, as the front wheels hit the tie rod end. I want an affordable beadlock wheel so considering the MSA M21 wheel, but that comes with a 3.5/3.5 offset. I'd prefer a 4:3 offset but could not find a wheel I liked with that offset. My question is, would the 3.5/3.5" offset be too much? I'm concerned it will negatively affect the steering. I don't mind it sticking out a little bit from stock, as I am also getting ready to add the highlifter 2" lift. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
90 Posts
i have the M20 Kore wheels which are 3.5/3.5 on my 2013 T2 and they have been perfect. I am running 28" mega mayhems, thinking about going to 30" soon

I added the 2" hilifter lift kit and these offsets and tires put me right back to stock width, maybe just a hair wider

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! So no steering issues I assume? One more question - regarding the 2" highlifter kit- did you have to notch the frame as per the supplemental instructions? That would be a deal killer for me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have not noticed any steering issues. Majority of my riding has been an occasional trip to busco beach (mud/trails) but mostly around hunt camp towing bush hog, trailers full of lumber for stands and fire wood, corn/feeders and of course hunters and deer. I did not have to notch anything at all, even though I had read that I might would have to. There was no mod needed to the lift brackets or anything for me, though may be different with other year models or on a t4? I didn't want spacers so I got the widest offset I could find, and it still barely got back to stock width with the bigger tires - I am probably going to end up getting small spacers to gain just a little wider stance (because I want it that way, not because anything is rubbing). I will say that the install instructions were about useless (especially the pictures) and they actually told you to use the wrong bolts in wrong locations - little common sense made it easy to figure out, just kind of surprised me.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Capt Troy is spot on. I am actually running the exact same wheels as he is, with the 28" Mega Mayhems on my 13 T4, and I'd say the 2" highlifter lift broug ht the width back in to almost stock. Steering is still good, no notch on frame required for lift either.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
No notch, great offset!

13' T4 2"HL, 28" HTR's/MSA Loks,
Viper 4K front/rear, 30" torton light
72" Denali plow

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm hoping someone can give me a quick answer on this:

So I recently bought the HD5 beadlock wheels which came with 5/2 offsets from Rocky Mountain ATV and they assured me it would fit my '14 T4. As it turned out they did not, as the front wheels hit the tie rod end. I want an affordable beadlock wheel so considering the MSA M21 wheel, but that comes with a 3.5/3.5 offset. I'd prefer a 4:3 offset but could not find a wheel I liked with that offset. My question is, would the 3.5/3.5" offset be too much? I'm concerned it will negatively affect the steering. I don't mind it sticking out a little bit from stock, as I am also getting ready to add the highlifter 2" lift. Any help is appreciated!
What is wider on the machine 4/3 or 3.5/3.5? Crazy how so many sites have the 5/2 fitting

·
Registered
90 Posts
3.5-3.5 is a zero offset, that will give you the wider stance. That is what I used

with these wheels and my hilifter lift I came out almost exactly back to stock width, Im actually considering a 1" spacer to widen the stance just a bit

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am running ITP dual beadlock 14 inch wheels with what ITP calls a 5+2 offset, and 28x10x14 Rage Storm tires on my 2015 T2. The ITP duel beadlocks actually measure much closer to 4+3 offset, and the tires clear the tierods by about 3/8".

·
Registered
148 Posts
I really like the Raceline Beadlocks.. But they are only 5/2.. so afraid they will hit with my 26.5 Pitbulls. I can't run a lift since my garage hight is limited.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally have the lift, wheels and tires mounted. I went with the M21 Beadloack Wheel 14x7 with 3.5+3.5 offsets and ITP Blackwater evolution tires (28x9x14f front, 28x10x14 rear and absolutely love the stance and clearances. Steering seems fine as well. I have a couple more questions - what tire pressure is everyone running with 8 ply, 14 rims? I'm guessing because of the stiffness of the ride I need to lower my psi to 8 on each tire. Also - any suggestions regarding the settings on the stock shocks?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I've had mine around 6-7 psi. With the same wheels as you. No problems so far. I'm to chicken to go any lower psi! Just think tires have to have some air in them lol?

13' T4 2"HL, 28" HTR's/MSA Loks,
Viper 4K front/rear, 30" torton light
72" Denali plow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts