Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any experiences with adding wheel spacers... 1.5in or 2in?

I'm looking at this being used for trails with the kids in a rear seat and maybe hit 4 or 5 races a year just to get my fix.:cop2:

Right now, I'm thinking that the wheel spacers would just make it safer for everything unless the trails get too tight. However, a few questions come to mind:

1) What width?

2) Any negative impact to the suspension or durability?

3) 2 wheels or all 4?

Thanks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Someone out there has to have compared with & without spacers... anyone? UTV CRAP? Y'all sell them, anything ;) effects on suspension etc?

·
Vendor
3,796 Posts
we normally have been running the 1.5" spacers:

UTV Crap

you will gain 3" overall width. negatives is just spacing the weight of the wheel and tire off the spindle. steering components, etc.

if youre going to be jumping your teryx a whole bunch and trying to clear the 40'ers we dont recommend them, haha.

the wider stance is always a plus for stability, makes its less likley to tip over, can it still tip over, YES, but you have less of chance.

we run them on all 4 wheels. get the best stance you can.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks... looks like I'll have to hit you guys up for some shortly. I was concerned that the extra bit of leverage being spaced further out would soften the suspension too much & the unsprung weight that you mention as well.

Just seemed like a nice safety item to me unless riding narrow trails.

If you're still online, I've got a question about your cages? What material are they made of and are they all welded vs bolt together? I'm wondering about shipping one...
Thanks.

·
Vendor
3,796 Posts
We Ship Them All The Time, We Get A Pretty Good Deal From Most Transport Companies, Just Depends Where You Are At.

Most Cages Are Dom 1¾ .095 And They Are All Tig Welded Together.

Most Times Shipping A Cage Raw Is Between 300 At 500 Depending Where You Are Located Of Course.

·
Registered
101 Posts
wheels spacers

I put 2 inch spacers all the way around, it looked great and was very stable. The steering was alot heavier and it turned slower.it was almost a work out to drive fast on curvy trails. I took them off the front and left them on in the rear. I think 1 inch or 1 1/2 inch would be as wide as I'd go if i bought them again. I really haven't tried it much with the spacers on the rear only, but from what i can tell the steering is much easier and lighter feeling.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input Sumo. Did you notice anything on the suspension?

I'm curious about your thoughts on the rear only.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Part of it dpends on the offset of your wheels as well. I have 5+2 in the front and 2+5 in the rear and run 1.5" spacers in the front. Works well for me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a good idea... maybe start w/1.5 or 2" in the rear and then see about the front.

In any case, I'll have the stock wheels for a good while as i want to put my $$ into performance & seating mods for the kids.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tipped mine over hard the first day I bought it. I bought some 1.5" spacers from utvcrap and I feel a lot more stable. The steering doesn't feel that much different. Here is what the front looks like with the stock wheels and spacers

Here is what the roll bar looked like after the lay over

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts