Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m purchasing a Teryx4 S LE. There are a lot of choices and options. I’m wanting to purchase a different set of rims and tires from the stock set that comes with the machine. I will be mostly riding on the road, some light off road, but mostly driving on pavement.
I’ve looked at several tires, but where I’m confused is with the tire and rim sizes.
1. Purchase 4 rims and tires of all the same sizes?
2. Or keep the mismatched front and rear?
3. What size tire and rim are people finding road riding is better?
4. If you purchase rims and tires that are the same size for all four, is there anything else that needs to be purchased to make that work?

Thank you

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im in the same boat. I am thinking of buying all (5) same size because I want the spare to go anywhere if I have a flat. Any advice from others would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
610 Posts
I gotta ask, why would you buy a new side by side to use mostly on pavement? I'd use a car myself or maybe a machine with an unlocking rear diff.
Maybe look into some light truck tires.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Have to agree with the above......why buy a SxS for road riding, and if that was the primary reason not sure the Teryx is the best option.

But anyway, I would recommend getting the same size all the way around. Probably also look at going to 15" rims so you can use a small all-terrain truck tire.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I drive my Teryx into football practice from my acreage all the time. I don’t mind driving it on blacktop. I will be searching for more of an All Terrain tire for that purpose and keep the big horns (great tire so far) for the off roading.
Just got back from trip in Black Hills SD and was greatly impressed on how well the big horns went through mud, rocky terrain, and water holes.
To each their own!!

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I drive my Teryx into football practice from my acreage all the time. I don’t mind driving it on blacktop. I will be searching for more of an All Terrain tire for that purpose and keep the big horns (great tire so far) for the off roading.
Just got back from trip in Black Hills SD and was greatly impressed on how well the big horns went through mud, rocky terrain, and water holes.
To each their own!!
Exactly. To each their own. I live in SD and drive my 19 Teryx le in town all the time. Very common in these parts. Anyway if you decide to sell your factory rims let me know. I might be interested.

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
610 Posts
Ask a stupid question...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts