Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

Where’s the Oil?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Chasin Whitetails 
#1 ·
I went to AZ, O’Reilly’s, Napa, and Walmart to find oil for the 2011 Teryx today. No one had the right stuff. All I did find was synthetic or semi. I finally gave up and went to the dealer. They told me Kawi is only making semi now. Ended up paying $15 a quart.

I am being particular I guess because I’ve had so many oil related issues.

#3 ·
I personally would never use Castrol oil. I'm sure its OK now, but back in the day it would gum up your engine. Left a bad taste in my mouth and I swore I would never use it. I just go on Ebay and order the "Kawasaki Teryx Oil Change Kit" and use that. It comes with Kawasaki Oil and Filter, and some kits even come with new spark plugs and air filter.
For eample: 2015-2021 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 Teryx 800 Teryx4 800 OEM Oil Change Kit KAW01 | eBay

#5 ·
Yup. I won't use that one either. Pennzoil was OK so long as you never switched to another brand, so I won't use that either. Now I use stuff like Valvoline (NAPA oil is Valvoline too), or Mobile 1. My ATV's all get Kawasaki oil.

I have also used the Shell Rotella diesel oil in my truck. I hear Amsoil is good, but I've never used it. Too hard to get in my area.

#8 ·
Use what you like, but the Supertech oil has excellent ratings. 2004 Chevy 5.3 and 1997 Dodge 5.2 have never had the valve covers off, and neither use oil. The old Dodge just made the 800 mile trip to WV and back last week with absolutely no problems. I was an industrial mechanic for many years before I retired last year, and have learned what works and what doesn’t. LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.