Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a yellow top to run my stereo, some led dome lights and a winch standalone. Where are you guys running 2 batteries putting the second?

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
No look up under the hood, near the dash. If you unscrew the hood and slide it up the roll cage then use a tie down strap from the front of the hood to the roll bar to hold the front up you will see a nice spot right up by the dash. Make a mount or a nice box from Summit or Jag's and your done.

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
That is the same mount I used. Here is a picture taken, looking in from behind the left front tire. I welded the mount in place so the battery fits between the upper rails.

I also have a battery switch mounted inside of the glove box

·
Registered
52 Posts
Plenty of room under the driver seat for the stock battery and an optima. I mounted a blue top in the forward part of the space and moved the factory battery back a little.

·
Registered
150 Posts
:icon_thumleft:I got the Optima Yellow top, and it mounts under the drivers seat, slid the stock size battery back, and moved the electrical box and set it sideways...fits like a glove!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just bought my Teryx and am taking it in tomorrow to get the 4 person cage and rear seat installed. I also just ordered the Dynatek CDI, Dynatek coils, billet 1.5" wheel spacers, and a Viper Max winch. The bank account is dwindling fast! I do want to install some speakers with an ipod hookup and a light bar which I am guessing will require me to install a second battery. Do you all have to charge the second battery after use?

These forums are an awesome way to share info.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up just turning the electrical box and moving the stock battery forwards....gave me just enough room for the yellow top behind it. I installed an isolator that will start charging the yellow top after it detects the starting battery is fully charged. I still put the yellow top on a battery charger/tender after heavy use though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i wish you guys would post more pics...
The descriptions are great but i'd do much better with some pictures.

Can anybody hook that up?
I look at stock battery locaton and it full of plastic crap....
Under the hood sounds slick but i'd rather see a picture of that as well.

Pretty Please?

·
Gravestotalperformance
940 Posts
That is the same mount I used. Here is a picture taken, looking in from behind the left front tire. I welded the mount in place so the battery fits between the upper rails.

I also have a battery switch mounted inside of the glove box

FuelATV can you post the pics up again. I am going to move my battery to under the hood as well.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
No luck in finding the pictures. Sorry. I can say it was a sweet spot for a battery, it sat in between the upper frame rails just in front of the fire wall. The main reason I originally wanted to put it there was because I had just installed a 4 seat cage and found that it started pushing do to the weight transfer. By placing the battery there it helped a little bit.

·
Gravestotalperformance
940 Posts
No worries, I will order the battery bracket...I think I found the one pictured on line. I wanted to move mine up front and now that I know what is going to hold the battery I should be good.
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts