Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I recently moved my spare down onto my EMP rear bumper buy building a triangle shaped bracket that bolts to the brackets on the bumper. It's plenty strong and let's me have the full use of the bed... Plus I like the way it looks. It does add some length but I'm ok with that and it's easy enough to remove if I need to. Just throwing out another option, oh and I only have about $20 in the bracket. The bumper is about $200 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MattN03

·
Premium Member
2,131 Posts
I recently moved my spare down onto my EMP rear bumper buy building a triangle shaped bracket that bolts to the brackets on the bumper. It's plenty strong and let's me have the full use if the bed... Plus I like the way it looks. It does add some length but I'm ok with that and it's easy enough to remove if I need to. Just throwing out another option, oh and I only have about $20 in the bracket. The bumper is about $200 I think.

That is awesome! Any interest in making some to sell?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I carry plugs, mini air compressor-12 volt type, and a can of fix a flat.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Spare or no spare?

:drive1:My thought is that I want to travel as light as possible and still have a good time so if I bring a spare, it stays back at the truck. I run 8 ply tires with beadlocks so even if totally flat I can still make it back for the spare or somewhere to get some air but I do carry plugs because there are small, don't take up much space and don't weigh much. I carry a few small tools for a quick fix if I need one but if anything major the fun is over until I can get it back to the shop so why carry a whole lot of tools that just get in the way of what I really need to keep me going? I can't believe some of the ridiculous things that people carry on a trail ride then their buggy is so weighed down it can hardly move at any kind of performance level. Lay out everything before you leave and ask yourself, do you really need all that and will it do you any good if you do break down. Use your head and don't overload!

·
Premium Member
2,131 Posts
:drive1:My thought is that I want to travel as light as possible and still have a good time so if I bring a spare, it stays back at the truck. I run 8 ply tires with beadlocks so even if totally flat I can still make it back for the spare or somewhere to get some air but I do carry plugs because there are small, don't take up much space and don't weigh much. I carry a few small tools for a quick fix if I need one but if anything major the fun is over until I can get it back to the shop so why carry a whole lot of tools that just get in the way of what I really need to keep me going? I can't believe some of the ridiculous things that people carry on a trail ride then their buggy is so weighed down it can hardly move at any kind of performance level. Lay out everything before you leave and ask yourself, do you really need all that and will it do you any good if you do break down. Use your head and don't overload!
It depends on how far you ride from the truck. We can be 50-60 miles from our trucks at times so running back to the truck for a tire or tool isn't an option.

·
Registered
219 Posts
MattNO3,
I don't feel my fabrication abilities are high enough quality to build and sell these, but I designed it in CAD and I could send u a PDF of the drawing with dimensions if you would like. All the cuts are at 45 and 90 degree angles so it's relatively simple to build. U will need a 4"x36" piece of 1/4" flat plate, about 6' of 14 gauge 1.5" square tubing, and a couple of 12mm x1.25 bolts to use as lug bolts. Besides that it's just cutting, welding, drilling and painting. I recommend the Rustoleum "Truck bed coating," it appears very similar to what EMP uses to coat their bumpers. I did contact EMP about building and selling these and they told me they were not interested so I decided just to build my own. I also plan to mount a hilift jack between it and bed but I need to buy the 36", my 48" block the tail lights

Reactions: MattN03

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
I carry a bottle of slime, a can of starting fluid(to seat bead), plugs and a 12v compressor. BUT I am planning on getting a matching spare eventually.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,131 Posts
MattNO3,
I don't feel my fabrication abilities are high enough quality to build and sell these, but I designed it in CAD and I could send u a PDF of the drawing with dimensions if you would like. All the cuts are at 45 and 90 degree angles so it's relatively simple to build. U will need a 4"x36" piece of 1/4" flat plate, about 6' of 14 gauge 1.5" square tubing, and a couple of 12mm x1.25 bolts to use as lug bolts. Besides that it's just cutting, welding, drilling and painting. I recommend the Rustoleum "Truck bed coating," it appears very similar to what EMP uses to coat their bumpers. I did contact EMP about building and selling these and they told me they were not interested so I decided just to build my own. I also plan to mount a hilift jack between it and bed but I need to buy the 36", my 48" block the tail lights

Thanks, that would be great! I use AutoCAD and Solidworks, so you can send them that way to if you like. I really like how yours keeps the tire low and doesn't block the rear view or limit bed access. I'll PM my email.

·
Registered
1 Posts
MattNO3,

if possible . I would appreciate getting the pdf! Thanks

21 - 30 of 30 Posts