Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am in the market for a full automotive glass windshield for my 2019 Teryx4 LE. I want quality, as I plan to keep this beast for a long time. I need one that will work with the factory roof and will accommodate side mirrors, as my Teryx is street legal and side mirrors are a requirement. So what are the current choices that you guys have been happy with?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a full glass windshield works great with the roof and mirrors. It has a bottom piece that's about 2" high at the bottom that opens as a vent to allow air to come in if desired. The frame was sold by Ryfab industries in Logan, UT. It doesn't come with the glass just the frame. Took it to an auto glass shop and had auto safety glass installed cost around $110 for the glass mounted in the frame. Mine is a 2018 T4 and did the windshield about 1 year ago. Very happy with it. My second choice was made by dirt warriors which included the glass. Has vents also and the vents are split so you can open them independently. I liked the way the Ryfab windshield connected to the ROPS better and seemed like the best built one I found. It wrapped around and protected the frame. Very happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,157 Posts
Anyone got one with the manual wiper installed? Its a $50 option, which I would think you would definitely want but I am curious to see how it mounts and how big the wiper blade is?

·
Registered
10 Posts
👍👍 for the Ryfab. I installed mine 1.5 yrs ago. It’s the only way to go. All of my buddies that have teryx4’s drooled over it and now they are replacing their plastic windshields with this one. I haven’t found once that I wished I had the wiper. A good coating of Rejex wax or RainX and the water and mud run right off.
I do keep a small fold up squeegee in the rig just in case. Just my .02$

·
Registered
565 Posts
OEM Kawa on my KRX and its top quality and fits with roof n such. I have the flipper on Teryx. Love it in summertime heat. A wiper is needed for me and I think its very good acc to have...OEM or RYFAB seem to be ticket.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought the optional windshield wiper with my Ryfab windshield. Haven't installed it yet, have to drill a hole through the top of the frame and mount it. Easily done just have got to it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dirt Warrior Accessories with Vents

I ended up getting the Dirt Warrior windshield. They were great to talk to made the process easy. I liked that it has two separate sides because the wife is cold when I'm hot... Nice finish, easy 10 minute install.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Has anyone tried windshields from these guys: https://www.entreprisesrayco.com/kr80-1 I'm cheap and these guys seem to be the cheapest I could find up here. I'm torn between a full folding plastic and full glass. Leaning towards a glass. Keeping with the cheap bastard theme, I'd try to fit a wiper and washer setup from a used minivan or hatchback from buddies wrecking yard.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Has anyone tried windshields from these guys: https://www.entreprisesrayco.com/kr80-1 I'm cheap and these guys seem to be the cheapest I could find up here. I'm torn between a full folding plastic and full glass. Leaning towards a glass. Keeping with the cheap bastard theme, I'd try to fit a wiper and washer setup from a used minivan or hatchback from buddies wrecking yard.
Well, if you really want a cheap wiper...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Kit-Windshield-Wiper-Hand-Manual-Wiper-Universal-For-UTV-ATV-Polari/273800481212

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ended up getting the Dirt Warrior windshield. They were great to talk to made the process easy. I liked that it has two separate sides because the wife is cold when I'm hot... Nice finish, easy 10 minute install.
I also installed the same one on my buggy. after 3 years my plastic windshield was getting scratched and hard to see out of with the sun facing at you. I bought a cheap manual wiper setup on amazon and the blade was to long so i went and got a 13" blade I believe and had to drill the hole about 2 1/2 above the provided hole. all in all it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
I just ordered the rayco one. I'll get a piece of laminated glass cut for it once it shows up. The ones you guys have are pretty nice but they won't ship glass here or the price of a bare frame is gonna hurt my bum. Our dollar really sucks! I can get an emp frame for 450usd($612cad) plus shipping. Dirt warrior won't ship to me. They might ship a bare frame but I didn't ask. I'm getting the rayco frame shipped and getting a chunk of glass cut local for $550-600($400-440usd). It surely won't be vented or anything but if I need vents I can rig something up.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I got the windshield the other day. I have to get glass cut for it. I was expecting the glass to be held in place with rubber, like a back glass on an old pickup. Instead there is weatherstripping around the hole and the glass is held against it with two metal brackets that run the width of the glass. It sounds and looked cheesy at first but seems like a good idea to me. I'll post pics when I get it back from my glass guy. The one picture on the rayco website is pretty terrible.

When it's time to replace the glass it'll be a 5 min replacement job and cheap as it's square cut glass(laminated obviously). It looks well built, doesn't have vents and doesn't wrap around the sides of the cage though. I'm okay with that though, it'll be a high of 62f for the week when we go out next weekend.

·
Registered
256 Posts
690D84C3-978F-41EE-89D3-9130A9F6DFBB.jpeg
image.jpg

·
Registered
256 Posts
Highly not recommended ^. I got the same thing from amazon, it kinda worked but not ideal. A little to junky.

Edit: It's 100% better than no wiper. I was a tard and didn't tighten the nuts enough. Snugged them up good before my last trip and it worked better. I need a shorter blade as the one I have on is too long to cover the passenger side. Looking into trying a wiper setup from something small like a samurai.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dirt Warrior Accessories with Vents

Glad you like it!!!

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Highly not recommended ^. I got the same thing from amazon, it kinda worked but not ideal. A little to junky.

Edit: It's 100% better than no wiper. I was a tard and didn't tighten the nuts enough. Snugged them up good before my last trip and it worked better. I need a shorter blade as the one I have on is too long to cover the passenger side. Looking into trying a wiper setup from something small like a samurai.
I made the same mistake with my wiper install the first time too. And yes, my first one I had to go out and buy a shorter blade to put on it. I have since added a second wiper for the passenger seat and this one came with a longer arm and shorter blade so it worked fine without changing anything. That being said, the one I had to change the blade on gives me much better coverage with the shorter arm.

I used to have an old Willys Jeep with the vacuum operated wiper motors. J.C. Whitney has an electrical conversion kit for them that I have thought about modifying to fit the Teryx. But if you think these manual wipers are cheaply made... LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts