Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who makes the best cage and has the best prices? I am looking for a full cage and a rear seat. I talked with a guy from ebay named ash that is making a cage, the cage(bolt together half cage), rear seat, belts, shipping, is $1300.00. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Stay away from the bolt on cage.. Give Thad a call at SoCal Fab, He'll hook ya up.:eek:illeak:
:: SO-CAL FAB ::
Phone (661)295-9955
Fax (661)295-9997
Email [email protected]

·
Registered
13 Posts
It really depends on what your intentions for your sxs are (Family Hauler/Cruiser or Long travel and like it rough) Both Socal and Custom Creations are right about the 1 piece being stronger. However if you really think about it they are bolt in also. They tie into existing clamps and sometimes they tie into the bed which makes for a bad design. So a rollover in either design would not be good. Some of the cage extensions I've seen aren't too bad as they tie into the rear frame with an integrated bumper.
The best scenario is if you are going all out with long travel suspension etc. would be to have someone fabricate a custom cage that ties into the frame. Logistically sometimes that wont work being outside of California where a majority of sxs fabricators are. So you just have to ask yourself what your plans for your teryx are. Just make sure you get one that ties to the frame and not the bed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts