Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Teryx4 LE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2021 teryx4 LE and want to know how big of tire I can go with 2” lift. I want 30’s but didn’t know if I would need spacers or not. I haven’t had this rig but about 2 months and went riding at Brimstone in eastern TN this week and the rocks where destroying my underside. And I got hi centered and stuck on a cpl hills due to low ground clearance. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2018 teryx 4 le
114 Posts
Depends which 30 u go!! None are true, also you will need clutch work to move 30's. Vforcejohn find on web henhas what you'll need

·
Jan 2021 TOTM Winner
349 Posts
Offset control arms would probably work to fit 30's. Superatv and highlifter both make them. Highlifter ones give you the option to lift 2" or keep stock height I believe. If you're gonna lift anyways it might make sense to go that route.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Teryx4 LE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Offset control arms would probably work to fit 30's. Superatv and highlifter both make them. Highlifter ones give you the option to lift 2" or keep stock height I believe. If you're gonna lift anyways it might make sense to go that route.
Alright thanks. I’ve been looking at offsets also just have to find a way to hide the expense from the wife.

·
Registered
2018 teryx 4 le
114 Posts
There's actually numerous posts and
There's numerous pics and posts with 2 inch and 30's. Bit ues arched a arms would definitely help. But clutch would be my.1st upgrade before burning anything up!!!! Do your clutch
Also what about spacers. Looking at maxxis Carnivores 10” wide all around.
I would not do spacers personally!! Jist wait till your stock tires wear...buy new rims tires 4/3 offest!!! Be good

·
Registered
996 Posts
From my experience most 30" tires will rub on only a 2" lift without additional modifications. On my '15 without the recall fenderwell plates (ie more clearance) 30" Crawler XG's rubbed bad even after turning up the shocks for close to 3" of lift. This was on 5+2 wheels with 2" spacers. I did get the rears to fit without rubbing the rear frame down tube by turning up the shocks, and have since added offset arms front and rear. The only Teryx I have seen in person run 30" tires without arms was on Blackwater Evos which are one of the shortest tires out there and probably more like a 29" or maybe tall 28" tires. He originally had the recall fenderwell plates but had to remove most of them to fit even with those tires AND had the shocks turned up some with a 2" bracket lift. .

·
Vendor
873 Posts
Here's a link to all the possible suspension combinations you can choose for different max tire sizes.
We're pretty conservative on our measurements, so you can often squeeze a little bigger tire in there than the "true" measurement we record, but Its a good reference just in case you're trying to ensure there's absolutely no rubbing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2021 teryx4 LE and want to know how big of tire I can go with 2” lift. I want 30’s but didn’t know if I would need spacers or not. I haven’t had this rig but about 2 months and went riding at Brimstone in eastern TN this week and the rocks where destroying my underside. And I got hi centered and stuck on a cpl hills due to low ground clearance. Thanks for any info.
I have a 2016 Teryx2 and almost immediately installed 30 Mongrels on mine with a 2 inch fabricated lift and 2 inch wheel spacers on aftermarket 14 inch wheels.... You will surely appreciate the ground clearance! I do have a slight rub when turned full lock and under compression but has not been a problem. Had a very slight rubbing of frame in the rear under full compression, so I cut the machine in two and stretched it 6 inches. I am happy with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2016 Teryx2 and almost immediately installed 30 Mongrels on mine with a 2 inch fabricated lift and 2 inch wheel spacers on aftermarket 14 inch wheels.... You will surely appreciate the ground clearance! I do have a slight rub when turned full lock and under compression but has not been a problem. Had a very slight rubbing of frame in the rear under full compression, so I cut the machine in two and stretched it 6 inches. I am happy with it.
You can see my machine on the TOTM photos.

·
Registered
996 Posts
In regards to clutch upgrades, I still have the stock clutch on 30" Crawler XGs on beadlocks which are fairly tall for 30's and not the lightest setup either. My trail riding is the more slower speed technical trails and rocks (Windrock, Brimstone) and to be honest I think it does fine. I'm sure a full clutch kit would be nice but I don't think it's necessary. Recently got a second set of 29.5" Terminators on beadlocks which are pretty heavy so will see what it's like. The only time I've had power/gearing issues was going down a steep hill that had about 4" of peanut butter clay on it. Slid off into deep ruts on the side and couldn't go further because the cage was wedged against tree roots. It struggled to spin the tires in reverse.

·
Jan 2021 TOTM Winner
349 Posts
How much weight do you carry around in yours^

I haul around the wife, three kids chain saw and probably another 100lb of crap in the box.So between all of us probably 700lbs of people and cargo in a 1600lb machine. I often can't get the thing to turn a tire when in deep muskeg in reverse and I'm still running the stock tires. My buddy with a similar milage 2018 T4 claimed he never had that problem, until he came out with riding with us in the mountains and his did the same thing and he only had 400lb or so of people in his machine.
I'd like to try 28's but not until I get a rear winch installed.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Teryx4 LE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In regards to clutch upgrades, I still have the stock clutch on 30" Crawler XGs on beadlocks which are fairly tall for 30's and not the lightest setup either. My trail riding is the more slower speed technical trails and rocks (Windrock, Brimstone) and to be honest I think it does fine. I'm sure a full clutch kit would be nice but I don't think it's necessary. Recently got a second set of 29.5" Terminators on beadlocks which are pretty heavy so will see what it's like. The only time I've had power/gearing issues was going down a steep hill that had about 4" of peanut butter clay on it. Slid off into deep ruts on the side and couldn't go further because the cage was wedged against tree roots. It struggled to spin the tires in reverse.
Ok great. I just rode Brimstone last week for the first time. That’s why I’m lifting because that was horrible in a stock machine. What do you have for lift, offsets, spacers and such.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,251 Posts
Ok great. I just rode Brimstone last week for the first time. That’s why I’m lifting because that was horrible in a stock machine. What do you have for lift, offsets, spacers and such.
Or... come on up to Hatfield's and ride. Stock bikes do really well there.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,251 Posts
We were going to but when all of our guys seen helmets required and no alcohol they said no. Lol
Ah, your a member of the 5/30 club then? Well in that case, come ride the hundreds of miles of Outlaw trails! No rules on those trails, but you better have a good GPS!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree too on the clutch...you'll lose some Ummmp,,,,but I have only put one belt on in the 4 years I have owned it.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Teryx4 LE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ah, your a member of the 5/30 club then? Well in that case, come ride the hundreds of miles of Outlaw trails! No rules on those trails, but you better have a good GPS!
More the rest of the crew than me, but where are the outlaw trails. We have nothing around here in SE IL it’s flat and open

·
Registered
996 Posts
I have arched offset arms front and rear, Bandit shocks that provide around 2" of lift, 2" wheel spacers with 5+2 beadlock wheels on 30" Crawler XG's. Swaybar disconnected and the Sgroi diff lock speed limiter bypass. I recently put a set of Terminators on the 5+2 wheels and getting a set of 4+3 wheels for the Crawlers. It does really good for a Teryx and surprises a lot of guys that have $20k+ in their X3's and 1000XP Turbo on the trail (not saying the Teryx is at the same level as those machines, but a built Teryx does pretty good). The last time we were down at Brimstone there was a couple with a stock Teryx staying at the cabin next to us and they were making the same comments as you.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts