Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking the family to Windrock not this weekend but the next. I have a stock 2021 Teryx 2 seater. What should I worry about while there? What are the funnest and best sight seeing trails?

We are also going to rent a 4 seater for the rest of the family.

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I really like Windrock but not sure it would be my first choice if you just want easy sight seeing trails! Even the trails that are "easy", as not difficult to get around on, are rough and bouncy in my opinion. My preference are the more difficult and technical trails anyway. However not sure what your trailriding experience is or what type of terrain you prefer. Not trying to scare you away or anything as it's a neat place.

The biggest thing to keep in mind is that you get a LONG way from any civilization at Windrock as it's 73,000 acres. Just keep track of where you are on the maps or GPS and leave plenty of time to get back to camp. It wouldn't be too hard to find yourself hours away from camp and then trying to navigate in the dark.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
299 Posts
Stick to the green and blue trails, especially if you're renting a machine (they may require it, I'm not sure). As blazer mentioned, the trails can get nasty in a hurry - even some of the blue trails will puker you up at times - so keep track of where you are and where you want to go. It's a big and remote place, so taking some spare fuel is always good, if nothing else it will relieve the stress of worrying about it. If you're renting a machine I'm sure the staff there will fill you in on some good routes and scenic spots to hit.

Reactions: BoneSpur

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m taking my Teryx and renting one as well. Six of us are going.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
299 Posts
I’m taking my Teryx and renting one as well. Six of us are going.

yeah, I would stay off of the black trails just so you don't end up having to buy that rental when you're done :ROFLMAO: Not trying to scare you off, it's a great place and there are a lot of awesome overlooks and scenic spots to hit, but some of the technical black trails can get pretty nasty, more so than other places like Hatfield McCoy. Sometimes it may be just one obstacle on the trail that gives it that rating but they can cause some damage.

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Vendor
946 Posts
Windrock is awesome...but like the boys above have stated, the black trails are rough for even the crawlers, bouncers, and built machines. If you end up on one, like T39 or something like that on accident...be prepared to winch your way though. Lol!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Windrock is awesome...but like the boys above have stated, the black trails are rough for even the crawlers, bouncers, and built machines. If you end up on one, like T39 or something like that on accident...be prepared to winch your way though. Lol!
That or just turn around ;) Not like the trails are one-way and typically pretty easy to find a spot to turn around if you get to a nasty spot. Speaking of that, the black (hard) trails get that rating because of just a handful of sections or obstacles and rest of the trails is not that difficult. The only thing to remember is if you have to go down a steep and nasty hill and then later decide to turn around, you will have to climb that hill to get back out.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I have taken my 2016 T2 twice to windrock. Take a tablet so you can download the map via the app so you can verify where you are. Did a two inch left after coming home the first time. Lots of rock banging but had a blast both times. Plus take extra gas. Loved it totally worth it b

·
Registered
2017 Teryx4
298 Posts
Take a tablet so you can download the map via the app
Gotta admit I'm electronically challenged. Is there a decent signal to access the app? I bought a paper map and had it sent to me to familiarize myself with the place before arriving but real time "your lost but this is where you're at" would be great.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Gotta admit I'm electronically challenged. Is there a decent signal to access the app? I bought a paper map and had it sent to me to familiarize myself with the place before arriving but real time "your lost but this is where you're at" would be great.
No signal needed with the app you pay for the usage and it downloads to your device a phone will work but a bigger screen is easier. With modern phones it has a built in gps antenna. Have fun and be safe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts