Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the hardest trail at Windrock Park you would ride your Teryx on? I have a 2009 750, I’ve been to Windrock once before, I didn’t get to ride any challenging trails because a guy in my group showed up with a little Honda 250 4wheeler and about flipped on a moderate level trail. I’ve wanted to test the limits of this machine ever since I got it. I did ride at prentice cooper state park on the difficult trail

·
Registered
53 Posts
I haven't been there with my Teryx yet, but I have ridden there quite a few times with my atv and I can tell you that some of the more advanced trails there are pretty intense. Some of them only your dry cleaner will know how tough they were :) Without a map in front of me I can't give you trail numbers but Walden's Ridge (75?) is a pretty crazy trail, and I think the new cut of Trail 59(?) I remember having serious pucker factor a few years ago. I'm sure someone will chime in with some more helpful info, but just know that the more difficult trails there are marked that way for a reason. Sometimes it may only be one obstacle on the trail, but it can be tough going.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! I watched some rock crawlers climb up a super steep cliff, I doubt a utv can come up something like that but I used to outlaw ride some pretty hairy stuff when I was a teenager lol. I need a good adrenaline rush!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
trail 15, 39, 16,18,32,10,12,9,74 are some. A lot depends on what direction you are going.
Danno, what's the trail that makes a big loop around a restricted area on the Northern side? I feel like it was 57 or 59 maybe but I can't remember. The western side of the loop (6-9 o'clock position) runs along the property border and overlooks the valley. It was marked as a blue trail on the old printed maps and it was an easy ride, but then I feel like they re cut part of the trail at one point and it made it WAY more difficult.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Windrock once again did not disappoint yesterday! It was an awesome ride until my friend flipped his 4 wheeler going up trail 14 off of trail 9. He didn’t break anything but he did get a concussion even with a helmet on. I hate that it happened to him but the good thing is we was able to convince his wife afterwards that he needs a side by side for safety reasons lol. I think I need a new krx1000 my 2009 T2 is very capable but it could be better. I cringe every time I hit hard on a rock due to how low the machine sets. Those rzr guys seem to have no issues on the trails.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Spending a week at Windrock in October. Two T4's and a KRX. Ignoring the fact that a KRX will be in the herd, but acknowledging a grandpa WILL be in the herd, I am curious just how "difficult" I should expect the difficult trails to be. If anyone is familiar with Windrock and St. Joe (Park Hills, MO) it might be helpful for comparison purposes. I will ride almost anywhere in my T4 at St. Joe. Almost.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know nothing about St. Joe but Windrock ain’t no joke! Steep slick rutted out road beds, huge rocks, difficult means just that! Don’t do the extremely difficult those are like cliffs for rock crawlers. I love Windrock it is an excellent fun time, make sure you carry a tool box and a way to fix a flat tire, plenty of drinks and food! I hope yall have a fun time!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
You can find plenty to ride at windrock , most of the moderate trails are easy with a few interesting spots. Lots of neat things to see on and off the park. I can even build you a nice 40 mile ride that you can stop in rocky top and have lunch. I might even have my machine out of the shop by then. . Buy a map have them send it to you , go to staples and have it laminated. let me know if you need a route or two.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts