Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the better half agreed to a new Teryx - Now the the hunt for a couple things - We want to go with a full windshield, preferably one that can fold down - Pretty sure I have seen ones for Rhino's that do that. Also looking at getting a different roof - Don't want metal, it gets too hot, and the stock one is kind of ugly - although I may go that route unless someone knows of something that has better looks and apparent durability than the stocker? other must haves right from the get go will be a CDI, exhaust tip, a Vapor computer and possibly wheel spacers.

Best prices we have found in Oregon are $10,300 for a Red LE or $9400 for a basic model. Can't get anyone to go any lower than that. Since we don't need the dump bed, that half windshield and want more functions than the stock digital dash the basic model makes more sense other than the need for a roof...

·
Registered
53 Posts
check out utv headquarters.com they have a pretty nice looking roof on their page although its not available quite yet. its the only other roof ive been able to find

UTV Headquarters - Accessories

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it looks like there are several options out there so far which surprised me. I like that pivoting windshield the best but $400! Sheesh... :rm_thumbdown: Roofs are not much cheaper for a plastic one. I really don't want metal as they get hot and radiate heat. Not sure about going with cloth. maybe someone getting a 4 seater cage will let their unneeded roof go cheap? :)

Thanks for the links though!

·
Registered
33 Posts
as for prices dealer told me kawi is offering $300. off all models now! of course after i buy mine couple weeks ago. so ask, maybe your dealer FORGOT to tell you that!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
true, but it sounds like only if you are trailering with an open trailer. Mine would be in an enclosed toy hauler.

as for prices dealer told me kawi is offering $300. off all models now! of course after i buy mine couple weeks ago. so ask, maybe your dealer FORGOT to tell you that!!!
Yeah that's about what I am seeing as well. Trying to get them down farther than that tho. I really don't want to pay more than $9200 OTD so far I have a best price of $9500 +DMV fees.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The half windshield works great. The Dump bed makes it alot easier to clean/wash off and work on any of the mechanicals etc under the bed. Easier to clean the inside of the bed too. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Whats the deal with the roof. My Teryx has just over a 1000 miles on it in the back of my truck and no problems. What is the roof doing ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Roof

Bummer, sorry to hear that. I have been checking it everytime we come out of the woods after hearing of all the other roof problems. I put rubber pipe insulation on the overhead bars because I was getting a drumming sound from the roof vibrating against the metal bars, maybe that helped?? We have 15.4 hour on the meter and my partner runs thru thickets and over pine tree sapplings. We keep nudging the roof against trees when we are on the side of a hill turning and haven't broken or had any damage as yet (knock on wood). We're are in the North East Louisiana woods all the time around Pleasant Hill, Louisiana, jumping down into and out of the creeks and running around in the woods maintaining our Deer stands and feeders. We have been standing on top of it running the pole saw trimming shooting lanes too. He has me ducking my head and covering up all the time.

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
You guys are killing me. With all the technology that you are putting in motors, roll cages, etc. I can't believe that no one can take a full sheet of plexiglass and make a full windshield and even cut it where you want and put hinges on it if you want it to split.. What's a sheet of plexiglass cost now, $30??

·
Registered
182 Posts
I jamed two sticks between the roof and the bars....roof chatter was an immediate problem that I solve in the field.

I think I know the limb I hit that cracked it....in fairness I was in some really rough stuff.

Isn't this Teryx great or what. After my first couple of hours, I got a grin that's making my jaws ache....and I haven't done any 'good' stuff to it yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts