Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My teryx all of a sudden started running rough. Now it won't idle and no power. Ive already replaced the fuel filter, and the air filter is in new shape. Seen something on utube about in the middle of the fuel pump there is a hole with a screen in it and a guy pushed a nail in it and pulled it back out to make a hole through the screen. , said that fixed the problem. Anyone else hear of this. Or any suggestions.

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
610 Posts
I saw the same vijeo a while back. Iirc the machine in the video ran okay but got sluggish after a while and slowly lost power? Whenever I had a fuel pump crap out it was caused by water and dirt in the fuel tank. Machine idled fine but was low on mid-top end power. And it had low fuel pressure....

Have you checked your spark plugs? One may be fouled. That seems to be the new go-to and more likely the problem than a bad fuel pump.

What year Teryx do you have and how many miles?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 2015, miles is 3573 . I bought it used off a dealership last year don't know if they put new plugs in it or not. I have no idea how to change these plugs. Guess i gotta take the console apart to get to them. I have to hold down on the gas a little bit for it to even start. Then when i give it more throttle it makes a blogging sound until it revs up.

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
610 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Those are symptoms usually related to the spark plugs going bad. Mine acted the exact same way and I verified the plugs were bad after removing and inspecting them. Typically if it's the fuel pump issue it will start and idle fine but just have a lack of overall power and top speed.

To replace the plugs you have to remove the center console. While not hard it's a little bit of a PITA and time consuming. There are two plugs, one on the front and one on the back. They are buried a little so you have to look for them, and if I remember on the back one you have to remove another bracket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its a 2015, miles is 3573 . I bought it used off a dealership last year don't know if they put new plugs in it or not. I have no idea how to change these plugs. Guess i gotta take the console apart to get to them. I have to hold down on the gas a little bit for it to even start. Then when i give it more throttle it makes a blogging sound until it revs up.
I had the same problem and changed the pump. Amazon $147.00, also check your fuel tank vent tube it is pretty important.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts