Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched a video on Youtube were a guy puts a stock teryx on the dyno and makes 26HP then just takes off the tip and it makes 33HP! pretty good gains for a free mod.

·
Teryx Dealer - Madera, Ca
30 Posts
I've heard conflicting reports on that. One says 7hp another says 2.5. I saw the same video clip. There is a exhaust tip on ebay you can purchase to replace the spark arrester. Looks good and lets the exhaust flow free.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yea 6hp is hard to with just a spark arrestor removal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Whatever the real numbers are, the point is, you open these things up so they can breath and they are going to make some H.P.:yahoo::pepper1:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Took mine out after I broke in the motor and one of the bolts gaulded and broke so be carefull or use some Areokroil. It happens sometimes with stainless on stainless.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yah i figured it was alot of HPs. I trust hunterworks. Hell i dont even have a Teryx. I just like being educated on all UTV's.

·
Registered
813 Posts
700 FI?? This is a teryx forum son..

·
Registered
314 Posts
A friend of ours dyno's his stocker and concluded on his particular dyno that it made 3 mor HP by taking the spark arrestor out. Different dyno's will have different readings, but I think 2 to 3 is very believable...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Took mine out after I broke in the motor and one of the bolts gaulded and broke so be carefull or use some Areokroil. It happens sometimes with stainless on stainless.
i had one do the same thing. took me forever to pull it out and not mess up the threads. i did feel a little increase after i got it off though. and the vdi woke it up big time.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
i took my sparky out with about 1 mile on it so i didnt have any problems!

im looking forward to the weekend to try my new vdi out!

·
Registered
813 Posts
So how do you like it now with the VDI in it PJ?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
all i can say about the vdi,is i got it up to about 53 in a short stretch before i ran out of room, and it pulls harder.will know more tomorrow,

what program are you running rutcutter?

·
Registered
643 Posts

·
t4man
21 Posts
I pulled my spark arrestor out in Glamis since I knew i'd need all the power i could get. I think it sounded better and I noticed a power boost. The first day I couldn't get up olds with my wife and 2 kids in the back we would almost make it and then i'd have to turn. But the next day took our spark arrestor and had enought power to make it to the top and I did it 3 times just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Going up by myself no problem even with spark arrestor in or out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts