Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

wow 6 more HP's

7K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  Dynoray 
#1 ·
Just watched a video on Youtube were a guy puts a stock teryx on the dyno and makes 26HP then just takes off the tip and it makes 33HP! pretty good gains for a free mod.

#7 ·
Took mine out after I broke in the motor and one of the bolts gaulded and broke so be carefull or use some Areokroil. It happens sometimes with stainless on stainless.

#19 ·
Yeah, haha!

#20 ·
I pulled my spark arrestor out in Glamis since I knew i'd need all the power i could get. I think it sounded better and I noticed a power boost. The first day I couldn't get up olds with my wife and 2 kids in the back we would almost make it and then i'd have to turn. But the next day took our spark arrestor and had enought power to make it to the top and I did it 3 times just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Going up by myself no problem even with spark arrestor in or out.

#25 ·
About 80+% of the places I ride require the spark arrestor and give fines for not having them. 10HP is a lot, 2 is not worth the fine.... plus if they stop you for that, how far are they going to go looking for anything else to cite you for? What about your passengers? Not worth it for me. I don't want or need a hassle neither do my guests who ride with me.

#27 ·
With these machines, when dynoing, it's always good to do 10 runs before you start making claims. simply because motor heats up, tires heat up, clutch heats up.

I can put a bone stock fresh machine on the dyno and see 25 rwhp. 3 runs later it'll make 35 rwhp when the tires are grippy and tacky. This surely doesn't mean we just gained 10 hp. it means get it all up to temp and when it's making the same exact power run after run. then start modding.

This is why I do multiple runs with my dyno and I overlay multiple runs so you can see how consecutive it is. Before and after I like to show 3 before overlaid, and 3 after wards overlaid.

removing the tip on a t-2 can make about 2 hp gain. doing this on a t-4 makes about 1 hp. on a 2014 t-2 800 it makes ~1 hp.

Will you notice the difference removing the tip? Probably not, but if you add a MSD to the t-2 and remove the tip. you can gain 4-5 rwhp. so it can help with other mods fro support.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.