Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the VDI and loaded my version of the 91octane map and what a differance it made,ran it up to 60mph fast and seemed to run smoother/cooler also... Im impressed. :bike4_smilie:

·
TURBO!
425 Posts
Hook me up with that map! pretty please

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
i wouldnt mind it either,once i get mine back.

hope your stays working!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do I send maps?

·
TERYXERISER
311 Posts
Hey rutcutter areyou using the 91 octane brute map that on the disc????

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No im using a map that I fixed up that won me ALOT of race's on the brute,I just backed it down for the weight of it..

Wish I had access to a dyno.

·
Official Booyaa Crew Member
166 Posts
You read one thread and they say they are Junk and they want their money back, Now I read this one and they are the best thing since sliced bread! What is it?

·
TERYXERISER
311 Posts
You read one thread and they say they are Junk and they want their money back, Now I read this one and they are the best thing since sliced bread! What is it?

Mine has worked even in the old configuration now with the updated wiring
and firmware it works fine also and now I see they have a firmware update
that lets you put it in 4wd on the fly

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Im not sure where PJ got his,maybe he will chime in,maybe it wasnt updated right. I've got my stocker in the glovebox just in case.
I will take my chance's with as much differance it makes in power. :fiddy:

·
Registered
53 Posts
is the vdi waterproof or am i going to need to relocate it to go into the deep stuff

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Gen2 is water proof but I put grease on all the connections and spray it with WD-40 and never had a problem with the gen2.

Anything you could do extra im sure wouldnt hurt any.

·
Registered
53 Posts
thanks for the info, still debating on going ahead and getting one or not

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
You'll be convinced after you get smoked by a Teryx that has one. It is weel worth it.
Our Teryx also ran with the old configuration and runs good with the new one too.

·
TURBO!
425 Posts
Anyone know how or if you can send maps? I have no idea

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just let me know how too send them.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
my vdi i got was supposedly updated with the new software,but obviously it wasnt.it ran great up until it took a dump.lyle says i got a faulty unit so i dont know.im going to try another one and if that dont work right its refund time!

·
TERYXERISER
311 Posts
Hey rutcutter I think if you name and save the file to your documents
you can right click and send it...

·
Registered
171 Posts
You can send the file just like you would any other file.

Open your e-mail program up, click insert, find the file, click it and it would be inserted to your document. Once it gets to the other person, right click on the file and click save as and pick your location.

You will need the programmer and cable to be able to re-flash your CDI though.

Once you have the software and programmer from Velocity Devices or Hunterworks, installed you connect the USB cable to the computer, the programmer to the USB cord and plug the serial port from the CDI into the programmer with the ignition off.

With the software open you click on the word flash at the top of the screen or it might say write, not in front of that computer right now. Anyway you then find your file and open it, then the screen goes away then turn the ignition on and a screen pops up that says writing, when it is finished it will say complete. Turn ignition off and unplug the programmer, your done!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts