Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

WV Outlaw trail sights to see

7K views 34 replies 6 participants last post by  Barefoot 
#1 ·
Hello all,
Headed to Ashland resort then first weekend of Nov. Bought a tablet and loaded it with the latest BobT maps. We plan to hit more outlaw trails this trip, and are looking for suggestions of places to see. We aren’t afraid of some tough spots, but we’re more into riding and not winching. By the way, this is a family trip for us and our friends, so we don’t plan on burying our rides in mud holes either. Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Just stay out of the active mining area's. If you have BobT's latest maps, he has already updated them to note the restricted area's. I always wanted to get to the tunnels at Sophia, but I understand they are under the control of Burning Rock now. That's another place I want to go, but they are a bit pricey.

#5 ·
I've just started exploring the Outlaws in earnest this year. Some of those places in your video I recognize, many I do not. Some of the old strip mines outside Gilbert and Justice, maybe a place called "13 crossings" and I'm pretty sure at least some of that was Hatfield's Pinnacle Creek. Just goes to show I've got a LOT more exploring to do yet! That was a great video by the way.

May I ask who George Loyd was? 93 years old is very impressive.

#6 ·
Yeah I’m sure there was some H&M in there as well. I doubt we ever covered all the outlaw trails there. The terrain changes over the years too. As you know, a big flood can reshape a valley and make you think you’re on a new trail.

George was the father of my friend you see planting a flower at the end of the video. He died just a week or two before that ride.

#7 ·
Thank you all for your input! Sorry for the late reply...I didn’t receive notification of y’all replying.

I’ve bought a Samsung tablet and downloaded BobT maps. I also contacted him through another forum and he share with me about 10 tracks for day trips. We’re going to hit one that is a big loop and goes all the way to Wilmore dam from Ashland/Hilltop.

#30 ·
Yeah Barefoot, where is eye-rock? I've seen one other pic of it from a friend asking if I knew where it was. I had no idea and wasn't even sure if it was in the area. Would love to know!

I have not yet made it to Willmore Damn, but it is on my list for next year. Have yet to make it to the tunnels, but I have been to some of the trestles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.