Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Transmission "M5"

Manual 5-speed (clutch) or is that designation flexible enough to encompass a Dual Clutch paddle-shifter?

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Hope so. I have to move to a 4 seater . Yamaha could be a option for me. Rather be in a kawi truth be told .

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Transmission "M5"

Manual 5-speed (clutch) or is that designation flexible enough to encompass a Dual Clutch paddle-shifter?
Doesn't look like a cvt. I know the teryx shows a cvt in the transmission column. So who knows.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I love my Teryx, but I have no allegiance to any of them. I was always a Honda guy, but their street bikes were slow. So I bought Suzuki. I liked the Rzrs, but the Kawi was cheaper and more dependable.

Reactions: 2wheels and FOXY

·
Registered
223 Posts
Other factoids from the CARB Cert doc…

998cc

Making 83.5 kilowatts (112 HP)

Model Number -->> "YXZ"

820 kilograms = 1804 pounds (Curb Weight??)

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Hp numbers sound respectable but weight is up there at 1800lbs.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I do kinda bleed green. So I'll be waiting on kawasaki. I think this will twist their arm into getting into the 1000cc category. Oh and im not a fan of polaris. But I have to give them credit for what they've done to the industry.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
If the 1800 pounds is "curb weight" full fuel and/or "gross weight" + passengers, then it is fine.

But it is under the heading EIM which could be "Equivalent Inertial Mass" which is A head-throbbing engineering term (I think).

I suspect a clutch-pedal would be a deal-breaker for the casual masher that the CVT SxS market has created as the standard. Now, if it is equipped with an anti-stall clutch (like a Rekluse found in dirt bikes) that would make it tolerable. Heck, even kinda fun, I suppose.

I'm still hoping for a paddle-shifted automatic like Honda.

And if Kawi is "waiting" then they are a couple years of R&D behind everybody else. If they are going to go for it, it is already deep into development, even pre-production. If not, they will lose more market share to other capable utility-sportish SxS vehicles.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Didn't someone see the 3 cyl in one of the videos..showing it was a triple?
You are correct . It was a still shot from the video. I forgot about that when I said a twin cylinder last night.

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Sweet, that thing is going to change the industry. Now you will get the performance and make it back to the trailer!! Go Yamaha!!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Looks like you could run 44's on it, lol

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
I was thinking all black with a batman logo and robin riding shotgun.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Im glad Yamaha is changing the game up for sure . But Damn that thing looks like a raptor 4 wheeler on steroids from the side. Maybe its just the pic and it will look badazz in real life. Either way good for Yamaha. May be interested in it when it has 4 seats. I bet alot of popo's come up for sale shortly. Most guys I talk to that own Polaris only went to them because Yamaha,Kawasaki,and Honda had nothing to complete with a rzr. More less they bit the bullet and changed to Polaris . But most of which I talked to would go back to the 3 Japanese brands if and when they took the leap to build a true sport machine.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts